- This event has passed.
Concerts on the Pier – The Black-Eyed Snakes
July 25, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Glensheen is proud to present Concerts on the Pier for all to enjoy an evening of Minnesota music on the shores of Lake Superior!
On July 4th, Glensheen kicks off its free Concerts on the Pier series with the The Black-Eyed Snakes.
“Look to a place where Low, The Fall and Willie Dixon all have something to say to one another. Then dance fool.” That’s how Spin Magazine’s Andrew Beaujon rolled up the Black-eyed Snakes, a genre-bending electric blues band from Duluth, Minnesota fronted by Low’s Alan Sparhawk. Cascading, entrancing beats push thick, raunchy, sometimes-psychedelic guitars into the soul like a lost love or a knife in the back. “The jagged-toothed edge of the guitar alone could saw through every fiber of your emotional restraint,” wrote Melissa Maerz in City Pages. Sparhawk formed the Black-eyed Snakes in 2000 with Bob Olson on guitar and Brad Nelson on drums.
- Local culinary creations and craft drinks will be provided by local favorites!
- Cash only. Outside beverages are prohibited at this event.
- Concertgoers are encouraged to bike, boat, walk or kayak to the concerts due to limited parking. The parking lot and street parking fills quickly. Please refer to the City of Duluth’s alternate side parking calendar when parking on neighborhood streets by CLICKING HERE.
- Gates open at 6:00pm so be sure to arrive early to ensure a good spot. Music starts at 7:00pm and concludes at 8:00pm.
- Bring your own chair or blanket to watch from the shoreline.
- Only service animals are allowed on the estate.
Pair the event with a tour of Glensheen!
Glensheen offers tours from 9am – 9pm every night in July. Taking a tour prior to the concert is a great way to snag a good parking spot and the best seat on the shore.