Grounds Admission is only available for onsite, day-of purchases.
ALL GUESTS AND MEMBERS must go to the Carriage House to check-in.
What is Grounds Admission?
Grounds Admission gives guests access to walk Glensheen’s Lake Superior shore in Duluth and enjoy the 12-acre estate at the start of the North Shore.
The Grounds Admission is perfect for guests who simply want to explore the grounds and not tour inside the mansion.
Delight in exploring the estate while locating the outdoor educational signage and using the free Glensheen App. Each offers golden nuggets of Glensheen knowledge that you most likely didn’t know!
FREE Snowshoe rental to explore the 12-acre lakeside estate
All members and tour guests will receive a free snowshoe rental.
Snowshoe rental is included in the $5 Grounds Admission. Glensheen has a variety of sizes and types of snowshoes available for rental. Guests are also welcome to bring their own snowshoes.
Here’s why you should visit the grounds of Glensheen:
- There are few places better than Glensheen’s estate to spend a perfect Duluth day.
- The educational experience is not lost on the grounds.
- Our free mobile app includes detailed information about the estate in audio and text format.
- There are also 12 educational signs situated at points of interest that allow guests to enjoy a self-guided grounds tour at their own pace.
- It’s Instagram gold. We will be actively sharing our visitor’s best posts!
- Glensheen’s Lake Superior shoreline is an excellent beach for agate hunting
- We have an abundance of fresh, physical distancing air!!
Things to keep in mind when enjoying the grounds:
As always, we ask guests and staff to admire plants and vegetation with their eyes and not touch or remove plants and vegetation on the estate
SUMMER: We ask guests to please stay on the stone, woodchip, and paved pathways when exploring the estate.
- WINTER: We encourage you to do a little offroading via snowshoes! Feel free to venture into the wooded areas on the estate
We encourage guests to take advantage of our ample outdoor space to maintain physical distancing.
- Masks are required outdoors due to pathways that do not allow for a six-foot distance
For detailed health & safety information, please visit our Health & Safety page.
Service dogs are welcome! Pets or emotional support animals are not permitted. For more information regarding accessibility, please visit our Accessibility Page.
2/27/21 - 4/4/21 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The last ticket is sold at 4:30 pm
With Membership FREEWith valid Member ID
UMD Students FREEWith valid UMD ID
Active Duty Military FREEActive Duty military member, spouse & children.
Adult $516 & older
Youth FREE (w/ paid adult)15 & under
”Walking along the grounds, along the shore, through the gardens, the secret forest walk... is incredible.“
”The estate is beautiful and the grounds and gardens are a must-see. Not to mention it is right on the shore of Lake Superior.“