- This event has passed.
Concerts on the Pier – Big Wave Dave and the Ripples
July 4, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Glensheen is proud to present Concerts on the Pier for all to enjoy an evening of Minnesota music on the shores of Lake Superior!
On July 4th, Glensheen kicks off its free Concerts on the Pier series with the Big Wave Dave and the Ripples.
Formed in February 2011, the band has since evolved and adapted into its current state. Though some of the players may have shifted, the goal and message of the band remains constant: Play the music they love and get people on the dance floor. The band performs live throughout the Twin Ports area and branches into the Cites. The originals and homages to the current and past greats provide the vibrations to get people smiling and moving their feet as the eight-piece horn band plays soul/funk/rock/blues for the masses.
- Local culinary creations and craft drinks will be provided by local favorites!
- Cash only. Outside beverages are prohibited at this event.
- Concertgoers are encouraged to bike, boat, walk or kayak to the concerts due to limited parking. The parking lot and street parking fills quickly. Please refer to the City of Duluth’s alternate side parking calendar when parking on neighborhood streets by CLICKING HERE.
- Gates open at 6:00pm so be sure to arrive early to ensure a good spot. Music starts at 7:00pm and concludes at 8:00pm.
- Bring your own chair or blanket to watch from the shoreline.
- Only service animals are allowed on the estate.
Pair the event with a tour of Glensheen!
Glensheen offers tours from 9am – 9pm every night in July. Taking a tour prior to the concert is a great way to snag a good parking spot and the best seat on the shore.