Did you attend the 2018 Glensheen Gala: Unlocked and loved it so much you want to make sure it’s on your calendar for 2019? Or, did you want to attend, but you couldn’t make it work with your already-full summer schedule?
Then, put it on the books, and buy your tickets today.
Additional event details about the theme, food, and any other exciting tidbits will revealed throughout the coming year, so make sure to check back often.
Saturday, 8-10-19 | 7PM – 10PM
Cost: $100 per person
by Northern Waters Smokehaus
A British-Isles influenced menu with hearty (and dainty) appetizers suited to a variety of palates. Fish, vegetables, meats, and sweets will be served (and, of course, we shan’t forget the cheese!).
- Cucumber cups with fresh pea soup, creme fraiche, cured herring roe, and pea shoots
- Endives with Boursin and pickled Peruvian peppers
- Gravlax Bites with scallion cream cheese, capers, red onion, and egg on rye
- Isle of Man Deviled Eggs with Lake Superior kippers (smoked Lake Trout)
- Watercress Finger Sandwiches with Devon Butter on Hausmade pullman loaf
- English Hand Pies with lamb, peas, mint, and potatoes
- Stilton Puffs with Smokehaus Pancetta and candied walnuts
- A selection of British Isle Cheeses with Hausmade crackers, fresh fruit, and Hausmade preserves
- A selection of Macaroons: Lemon, English Lavender, and Brown Butter
- Trifle Pies with Custard, Hausmade jam, clotted cream, and chocolate shavings
Compliments of the House
Enjoy a complimentary drink and tour the estate to find two free “shot in the dark” locations.
Back by popular demand, Glensheen will have cash bars dispersed throughout the estate to ensure each guest is able to get the exact drink desired.
Explore the Estate
See Glensheen’s gardens at their peak and at night. From the Vegetable and Formal Gardens to the Lake Superior Shore and Stone Arch Bridge, there’s no shortage of breathtaking views. There may even be a hidden surprise or two.
The Doors are Unlocked
The Glensheen Gala is the only event allowing guests to explore all of Glensheen’s public spaces, including the second floor of the Carriage House, the famous Third Floor of the Mansion, Clara’s Balcony, and you may even glimpse a peek inside the rarely-opened Silver Safe.
Lake Superior Beach Club
Don’t want to leave at 10PM? We don’t blame you. Instead, enjoy Glensheen’s new Lake Superior Beach Club where tables, games, a bar, hammocks, and stunning views will be waiting for you.
The afterparty and bonfires are contingent on fair weather.
When visiting a twelve-acre estate located on the shores of Lake Superior, a bonfire is almost a requirement. Grab your beverage and a small snack, listen to the crackling fire and enjoy the view!
Park offsite and ride the shuttle to Glensheen. The shuttle, running on a continuous loop, will bring guests onto the estate via the West Gate and Main Driveway.
Once the night is over, take the shuttle back to your car as a perfect way to end the evening.
Shuttle Location: Duluth East High School
Starting at Glensheen
3300 London Road
Duluth, MN 55804
- Turn right onto London Road
- Turn left onto N 4oth Ave E
- Duluth East will be on your left
Uber, Lyft and Taxis are encouraged
Planning to partake in adult beverages? Make sure to end your night on a high note by driving safe or taking advantage of Duluth’s transportation services.