- This event has passed.
Free Wednesday Nights
July 22, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
WEDNESDAY NIGHT FREE EVENTS AT GLENSHEEN ARE BACK!
CAMPFIRES, LOCAL BEER, MUSIC, FOOD TRUCKS, & ICE CREAM
*Health & Safety measures in place*
July & August Wednesday nights
5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Grounds admission is free and open to the public
Access to buildings is not included.
Experience Glensheen’s Lake Superior shoreline and grounds every Wednesday night in July & August from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm for a perfect Duluth evening.
There will be local drinks, local food truck grub, and local Love Creamery ice cream available for purchase. Plus, guests will enjoy lakeside campfires, and a musician playing on the pier to make for a perfect Duluth night at Minnesota’s greatest historic estate. Grab dinner from a local food truck then savor the local favorite, Love Creamery ice cream for dessert at our ice cream cabin on the shore.
Watch the sunset over Lake Superior next to a campfire while you sip a local beer like a Castle Danger Cream Ale or a signature drink from Vikre Distillery. Glensheen is the only legal location in Duluth to get this close to Lake Superior with a drink. So don’t miss your chance!
To top it all off, there will be a physically-distanced local musician playing on the pier. So yes, Concerts on the Pier fans, you will get a tiny sliver of your wish.
We highly recommend pairing the Free Wednesday Nights with a tour of the mansion. Take an afternoon tour then head down to the lake for an evening by the shore. Learn more about tour offerings.
All aspects of this event will follow similar Health & Safety measures Glensheen used to open the mansion.
Location: Glensheen Estate
Time: 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Dates: Wednesdays in July & August
- 250 person capacity – Health & safety measures in place
- Beer, wine, and food is available for purchase. The last call is at 9:30 pm.
- Seating is available but we recommend bringing your own chair or blanket
- Only service animals are allowed on the estate. So please leave pet fido at home.
- No outside alcohol is permitted. Non-alcoholic options are also available for purchase.
- Picnics and food delivery is allowed but we encourage you to try out the tasty food truck!
- All buildings are closed. Portable restrooms are available for use.
PAIR THE EVENT WITH A TOUR OF GLENSHEEN!
Take a tour in the afternoon then head down to the lake for dinner, drinks, and an evening by the shore. Learn more about tour offerings.